If you're interested in any of the opportunities below, shoot us an email with a copy of your resume for paid inquiries or a brief explanation of experience for volunteer opportunities. All roles, volunteer and paid, require completion of a background check.
Basic facilities upkeep like weekly cleaning, paint and basic office maintenance needs.
Tools and supplies provided.
Maintain and improve on information technologies systems that keep our programs and ministries running.
IT background and experience is a requirement for this opportunity.
Do you like graphics and stage design? Help us with updates to the visuals of our worship environment and to assist in graphics development for programs and sermon series.
Access to Adobe and other design/editing software on our workstations is provided.
Our worship ministry is always open to new musical talent! Record a video of yourself playing some worship songs on your instrument or singing and email a copy to us. We’ll pass it on to our worship team and reach out for an audition.
Do you have experience or interest in learning sound and video production? Our production team is centered around three primary roles of audio engineer, presentation operator and video switch operator.
Connect and engage with our church family who are joining us online for our livestream service. This can be done from home or on-site during our first service, which is live streamed to 2 primary destinations Facebook and the AltarLive app. Message with our guests, encourage them, help them connect to in-person groups or others who may be unable to gather in-person with us.
Do you like to work with kids? We are constantly looking to grow our kids program offerings as our church family keeps growing.
Are you a people person? Be a welcoming face as our church family gathers to worship, guide for visitors or help serve up some amazing coffee and tea at our coffee bar.
Kids DirectorPart time
Lead and develop a fun, life changing ministry that helps kids and families follow Jesus
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passion to see children and families be transformed by Christ
- Readiness to support the vision and values of Journey
- Skills of administration and delegation
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate
- Working knowledge of child development and learning styles
- Sense of humor
- Work with our leaders to develop a yearly curriculum plan (scope) that promotes Biblical literacy and a passion for following Jesus
- Provide leadership to our amazing volunteer team through
- Lesson planning and organization of materials
- Development and training of teachers
- Oversee safety processes like check-in, incident reports, etc.
- Plan children and family events
- Support families and team members in their discipleship
- Experience in children’s ministry or education
- Recommended: Degree in education, family ministry or child development
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Approximately 10 hours a week between services and planning.
$1000/mo as salary or housing allowance if ordained. (Ordination through Journey for qualified individuals. Ask for more information.)
Role may expand to full-time as program grows.
Email a PDF version of your resume with references to email@example.com with subject “Kids Director Application”.
Do you have samples of lessons or any video of yourself teaching? Feel free to include links or copies to help us learn more about you.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Ability to self-manage, working independently and efficiently
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Attention to detail
- General cleaning of common areas, classrooms and auditorium according the needs of each room
- Vacuuming carpeted areas
- Wiping down commonly touched hard surfaces and glass
- Disposal of trash and cardboard
- Sanitizing all areas with portable spray gun
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Estimated labor of 4 hours each week
- Workday is flexible from Thursday-Saturday
- Weekly pay is $75
- Additional compensated hours available on occasion following events or special projects