Join Our Team!
LEADING KIDS AND FAMILIES TO KNOW JESUS
PART TIME MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Lead and develop a fun, life changing ministry to families by executing, encouraging and promoting Biblical child discipleship.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by character and actions
- Passion to see children and families be transformed by Christ
- A desire to fully embrace the vision, values and beliefs of Journey Christian Church
- Ability to administrate, plan, and delegate to achieve results
- Flexibility and desire to innovate and be creative while exercising appropriate judgement
- Ability to work within a cooperative, collaborative team
- Understand child development and current cultural trends and issues related to children and families
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with team
- Sense of humor
- Develop a yearly scope and vision for Journey Kids supporting the greater vision of Journey, to be a gospel focused center for worship, community and life change to greater Fall River.
- Provide leadership to the Journey Kids teams
- Scheduling teams
- Curriculum selection, lesson planning, organization, and distribution
- Development and training of teachers
- Developing weekly processes and operating procedures
- Recruiting and developing teams
- Develop and implement safety and security processes (i.e. check-in, incident reports, etc.)
- Coordinate children and family events (VBS, kids camps, quarterly events, etc.)
- Develop communication plans to keep ministry team and parents connected to content
- Stay current with COVID plans, implementing local requirements (delegate and collaborate with other team members, staff and local government)
- Track monthly metrics, projects, personal and team development
- Experience in children’s ministry
- Recommended: Degree in education, family ministry or child development
FLEXIBLE PART TIME HOURS
Approximately 10 hours a week blended between remote and on-site responsibilities. Paid time for worship services, meetings, planning curriculum, events, etc.
Starting at $650/mo as salary or housing allowance for ordained individuals.
Get in touch and start your journey with us…
Email a PDF version of your resume with professional and ministry references. Also include any samples of lesson plans or content you have developed for kids and if possible, links to video of yourself teaching. Send to email@example.com with subject “Kids Director Application”