Join Our Team!
Lead and develop a fun, life changing ministry that helps kids and families follow Jesus
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passion to see children and families be transformed by Christ
- Readiness to support the vision and values of Journey
- Skills of administration and delegation
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate
- Working knowledge of child development and learning styles
- Sense of humor
- Develop a yearly curriculum plan (scope) that promotes Biblical literacy and a passion for following Jesus
- Provide leadership to our awesome volunteer team through
- Lesson planning and organization of materials
- Development and training of teachers
- Oversee safety processes like check-in, incident reports, etc.
- Plan children and family events
- Supporting families and team members in their discipleship
- Experience in children’s ministry
- Recommended: Degree in education, family ministry or child development
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Approximately 10 hours a week between services and planning.
$1000/mo as salary or housing allowance for ordained individuals. (Ordination through Journey for qualified individuals. Ask for more information.)
Email a PDF version of your resume with references to email@example.com with subject “Kids Director Application”.
Do you have samples of lessons or any video of yourself teaching? Feel free to include links or copies to help us learn more about you.